Thursday, April 26, 2007

My HP Pavilion ze1250

Here's my HP Pavilion ze1250. I have wanted a laptop for a while, and when I saw an email from a friend of an aquaintence of ours, I was excited. It's on the older side, but it runs XP Home with ease. The reason I got it for so cheap (can you say less than $100?) was that the battery is completely shot. So it has to be on AC power at all times. It's not that much of a downside to me, since I'll mostly be near a wall outlet anyway.

Of it's notable features (some good, some not so good): It has a DVD player and quick boot time. And it runs hot after a while. (When I was downloading essential programs and installing a lot of stuff, it got so hot it was almost unbearable.)

It has a PC Card slot, which will be nice for a wireless internet card. The guy I bought it from couldn't find the card that he used with it, so maybe I can find one cheaply on Newegg.

If nothing else it can sit on my desk, stream music, and notify me of Twitter updates.

No comments: